Thursday, July 22, 2010

I'm So Excited .....

....and I just can't hide it!! (ok a little cheezy, I admit it). Summer CHA (I actually called it winter in my last post but, it is indeed summer - it is July Cindy!), is literally just around the corner. All the major scrapbook manufacturers are rolling out their sneak peeks to get everyone geared up for the show and boy are there some really great things out there.

I was just looking at a couple of other blogs (http://timholtz.typepad.com/my_weblog/ and http://papercrafterscorner.typepad.com/papercrafters-corner/ look under sneak peeks) and they have some really great things rolling out. We will carry some of these at MemoryWorks I'm sure but, we'll have to wait until the new catty comes out to see exactly what that is.

Speaking of sneak peeks and MW -- did you all see the way super cool Simple Stories ele.ment.ary line released this week by MW? I am so loving this line. I can't wait to get several kits and get started. I have visions of books for my boys of course but also my mom and my mother in law (though she's got other scrapbook projects in mind for me right now). Check out the Simple Stories website (http://www.mysimplestories.com/) but, here are some of the cool things that you can get with this package.



We aren't yet aware of the exact launch date but, it will be sometime in mid-August. The kit is 180 pieces (like the Life Documented kit) and the picture of what is available in the basic kit is the top group. The rest of the pictures are add-on elements that can be purchased separately. You will also be able to order additional paper packs of the 12 x 12 sheets that are included in the basic kit. I don't know pricing on all of these treats but, the original SS kit, Life Documented, is only $16.99 (plus tax and shipping). How cool is this pack???
Some other sites that I have recently come across in my never ending search of all things scrapbooking:
1. http://www.scrapbookpitures.com/: one of my fellow MW consultants turned my on to this site. They are another picture printing company, with reasonable prices, but, you can order all different kinds of sizes from 2" x 2" to poster size. I haven't ordered anything from them and she hadn't yet received her pictures but is looks cool for those cases where you are needing something smaller (or bigger) or making a mini album.
2. http://www.bigpicturescrapbooking.com/: This site is sort of a social media type site. They have a blogs and a gallery but, they also have online scrapbooking classes. A couple of folks I've talked to have taken some and really liked them. Some are for a fee and some are free but, it looked interesting to me when I was on there yesterday.
3. http://www.pagemaps.com/: Stuck in rut or need a layout idea? This site offers free layout ideas for your books.
I have a crop coming up at the end of August. sign-up at the right or send me an e-mail. It should be a nice relaxing Sunday afternoon at the coffee shop.
As always, happy scrapping and let me know if there is anything you need from me!





No comments:

Post a Comment