Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Where does the time go?

I can't believe that 2010 is already half over. Where does the time go? It feels like just yesterday was the last day of school and my boys go back for first grade 6 weeks from today! I was just looking at my calendar and it seems like we have something planned each weekend until then. Summer is almost over and soon it will be time to pull out the sweaters and snow shoes and hang the Christmas decorations. Geez.

I hope you are all busy taking lots of pictures to complete your summer pages. We spent yesterday at Old Man's Cave hiking and then went swimming at the lodge. It was such a nice day and I did have the opportunity to take some nice scenic shots and pictures of my guys -- from behind or in action at the pool since they REFUSE to have their picture taken by me. My list of uncompleted pages continues to grow.

With the changing of the seasons also comes the CHA (Craft and Hobby Association) winter show. It is just around the corner. This is the time when all the scrapbook manufacturers roll out their winter lines and begin the steps to discontinuing their summer lines. It's an exciting time for us at MemoryWorks because it means that a new catalog is also coming soon. While we haven't yet received an announcement on the new catalog launch date, it is typically around the end of August/first of September. If you need supplies for your summer pages, I recommend looking at my website or your catalog now before the items are marked for discontinuation and inventory is no longer available. I know I've run into problems getting that perfect paper because I waited too long.

I'm also excited to announce that MemoryWorks is also planning an August launch of a brand new Simple Stories line! Simple Stories is a MW exclusive line that was released this past fall. (http://mysimplestories.com) The first kit is titled Life Documented and was made for making scrapbooks that are fun and easy and guilt free. The line is great and I used it to make an album for my cruise with my husband for our 10 year anniversary. It turned out wonderful and I was able to complete a 22 page album in about 6 hours! Of course, you can tailor the kit to use whatever way you like best. You can see pictures on my MW website under the My Gallery section (http://cindysmith.memory-works.com). I have no idea what the theme of the NEW SS line is but, it sure is exciting to us and I'll certainly pass along the information to all of you as it becomes available.

I have previously passed out introductory information about the MW retreat in June of 2011. It will be held June 23-24 in Utah. I'm saving my pennies to get there. It is open to the public and I would certainly like to have some company. I don't have many other details on the trip but, if you're interested in more information, please let me know and I can keep in contact with you.

I hope you are all staying cool in this heat wave. It certainly was warm at the cave yesterday but the pool water sure was nice. Keep taking pictures and making memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment